ECB: main moments of Mario Draghi’s press conference
- The euro zone’s economy is resilient, but the risks to the economic growth are to the downside.
- The ECB will continue its monetary stimulus measures.
- Economic growth and inflation forecasts are slightly revised to the downside, but not enough to make the ECB rate.
- Draghi acknowledged that the ECB won’t be able to keep buying 80 billion euro of bonds a month, so the central bank is studying the options for smooth implementation of asset purchase program.
- The ECB realized the constraints in its QE program, but Draghi underlined the ECB’s determination to reach its targets. The ECB President, however, didn’t provide any details of how it plans to do so.
- Without monetary stimulus from the ECB, the euro area would be severely hit by the economic shocks.