ECB Mario Draghi’s press conference
Here are the main comments of the European Central Bank’s president Mario Draghi:
- The ECB expects that the interest rates will remain at present or lower levels for an extended period of time.
- Consumer prices in the euro area will keep rising though inflation will remain low in the coming months; recovery will continue at moderate pace supported by low oil prices, though risks to growth are to the downside.
- The ECB will closely monitor economic developments.
- The ECB will act if needed using all available tools.
- There’s a great need for structural reforms in the euro area.