Bank of Japan: press conference
Here are the most important details of the Bank of Japan Governor Kuroda’s press conference:
- There will likely be a trend of Japanese economy’s moderate expansion. Inflation will reach 2% target in 2017 fiscal year.
- The BOJ will take additional easing steps if necessary to achieve the price target.
- The BOJ will continue conducting qualitative and quantitative easing (QQE) and negative interest rates as long as needed to meet the inflation target.
- QQE hasn’t reached its limits.
- Future mon pol depends on next month's review of past monetary policy steps.
- The BOJ increased monetary stimulus enough to deal with existing risks.